We are focusing on in the month of March and are kicking it off with an interview with Jillian Minter of Spritz Sunday. Spritz Sunday is a guide on travel, wellness, and living your best life. Sunday is a day of leisure, food, family, relaxing, and the little things, or what the Italians call la dolce far niente. There’s nothing better than enjoying a spritz on a Sunday afternoon. Jillian shared her story of being a successful entrepreneur and more recently a travel & wellness blogger.
Check out our latest podcast episode and keep reading to hear more from Jillian.
If you have seen Jillian’s blog you’ll notice she has AMAZING photos!! Here is her advice on capturing fabulous pics while traveling:
- Research Pinterest or other social media sites on how to pose for pictures
- When packing, think of outfits for pictures like bright colors or coordinates
- Plan certain days where you wear make-up and fix hair for days you want to capture more headshots
- Take A LOT of pictures using different poses and lighting to increase your chances of snagging good ones!
Jillian’s top tips for planning travel in 2023:
- Plan your trip in advance. Decide what kind of trip you want like lots of sightseeing, low key or a mix of both. This will help you make sure that you have all the necessary reservations.
- Set a budget for your trip. This will help you keep track of your travel expenses. Having a credit card associated with points can help stretch your budget and use points to cover airfare or hotel expenses.
- Travel during the offseason. This maximizes options as crowds are smaller, if at all, allowing you to squeeze more activities and experiences for your trip.
- Consider international travel. Lately, international travel, albeit airfare or lodging, can be cheaper than domestic and allows you to have greater adventures.
- Squeeze in wellness. Schedule downtime during your trips to allow for flexibility in case additional plans arise or allowing for quiet time. Additionally, find opportunities to add in exercise. And give yourself at least 1 full day back home before returning to your usually work/life routine to give yourself transition time after vacation.
When planning a trip, choose a destination that you will enjoy. This will help you make sure that you have a good time on your trip. Experience new things! This is one of the most important parts of travel. You should try to experience as many new things as possible. Travel is important because it allows you to see new places and experience new cultures.
Jillian also tells us that Cruises get a bad wrap: Why I LOVE cruises and why you should go on a cruise!
Jillian owns Pilates + Yoga fitness studio in Las Vegas and recently expanded her own personal journey have starting a travel & wellness blog to inspire others to live life to the fullest!