It is essential for couples to find ways to stay connected with each other to maintain a healthy and happy relationship. When you and your partner take the time to talk and communicate with each other on a daily basis, it can help to strengthen your relationship and increase the intimacy between you.
In this episode we revisited our conversation with Orly Katz, MFT who is an expert relationship counselor. She is also a Level III certified Gottman Therapist and has years of experience helping couples regain connection harmony. The Gottman Method is an approach to couples therapy that integrates research-based interventions. The goals of Gottman Method Couples Therapy are to improve communication, increase intimacy, respect, and affection. Orly believes strongly in couples engaging in rituals of connection.
Orly has been married for almost 50 years herself and share many effective tips for long-term relationships:
- Schedule a weekly family business meeting
- Agree on who owns various family responsibilities and reevaluate over time
- Be aware of your relationships needs and share with your partner in a non-accusatory way
- Schedule time to just be together with your partners with no distractions
- Check out this Podcast episode to hear more!
To learn more about Orly, check out her website: https://orlykatz.com/contact-orly-katz.html